Welcome to Martin Luther King Jr. Intermediate School!
I am your teacher, Mrs. Reynolds. On the first day of school I will be in your new classroom, Room 35, anxiously waiting to meet you.
As you enter a new school, this year will be very exciting and rewarding. Meeting new teachers and classmates may be a little scary at first; however, I will be there with you every step of the way. I am confident you will learn to love Martin Luther King Jr. Intermediate School as much as I do.
The first day of school is just around the corner. School will begin on Wednesday, September 2, 2015. This will be a FULL day of school, with dismissal at 2:20 pm. At 7:45am, the first bell rings for you to enter the building. Please go to the front hallway and look for Room 35. I will be looking forward to greeting you and beginning a new school year full of learning and adventure.
This year you will have two teachers. I will teach you Math and
Mrs. Xarhoulakos will teach you Language Arts in Room 34.
In Math we will be working with the Go Math series, which will introduce different strategies for solving math. In Literacy we follow a balanced literacy model which utilizes a variety of resources; both Science and Social Studies will be interesting as we relate them to NJ and explore many hands-activities. Throughout the year this class will be involved in several different activities to enrich your studies.
Below are a list of supplies needed for students in my class as well as Mrs. Xarhoulakos' class.
· 2, single subject notebooks (about 70 pages each- labeled Spanish, Science/Social Studies), Loose leaf paper for tech, recorder for music.
· 1, homework folder (plastic preferably) and 2 boxes of tissues.
· 4, two-pocket folders in different colors (labeled Spanish, Technology, Music, Science/Social Studies). *No binders or large file folders, please. They will not fit in desks.
· 2 glue sticks, highlighter, protractor, scissors, post-it notes, a red pen, pencils, erasers, crayons and/or markers, a thin dry erase marker, and a clean sock (to use as an eraser).
· All supplies should be kept in a soft pencil case. *This helps with transport and noise.
Enjoy the rest of the summer and I will see you all in September!
I think you are going to like it here!
Mrs. Da’Shawn Scurry Reynolds
732-699-1563 XT 5435